It looks like Navidad will be seriously trimmed down compared to last year. Since el Chileno and I broke up, it seems odd to invite his friends and family to a themed Christmas eve dinner like I did last year (funny so many of the poet/artists friends of his and allegedly of mine haven’t said one word to me about the breakup, neither has his family- so much for artistic solidarity or Christian caring).
I never worry about my chicas getting gifts, since my familia more than takes care of them.
I feel like I am too old to ask for presents and I never expect anything anyway, and not in a bad way pero if I were to sit on Santa’s lap (que fresca) and ask for regalos, I would have the real list and the fantasy list.
Real Things I Want for Navidad
- A new lease for the apartment
- The ceiling fixed in the bedroom
- money to help pay for rent and food and bills
- trader joe’s gift cards
- a babysitter
Fantasy Things I Want for Navidad
- An Iphone
- A digital camera (you all will benefit from the half-nekkid pictures)
- plane tickets
- a new laptap
- a new vibrator (I am single again after all)
- family memberships to museums for the chicas and I